Sunday, March 7, 2010

Snow and Wind on the Peninsula (March 5-7)

Well, the Iditarod was this weekend in Anchorage and we were looking forward to attending. Unfortunately the entire Peninsula was under a blizzard warning. We headed out on Friday afternoon to drive up to Anchorage, about 45 minutes into our drive we reached the mountains where a snow and rain mix began pelting our windshield. Soon the blacktop wasn't even visible due to the fact that about 8 inches of slush and ice covered the road. So, with regret, we turned around and headed home. Better to be safe than sorry. We were able to watch the Iditarod on TV Saturday morning and got to see Blake Freking from Finland, MN leave the starting line with his team of dogs. We are both currently recooperating from colds but are looking forward to spring break coming up in a week.

Our visitors from Hinckley, MN arrive in 6 days! Safe flight you two.

1 comment:

  1. Hi you two! I need to go back and read your ENTIRE blog. I have fun news, so I'll have to send you an email. I just scrolled through your pictures though, and they are AMAZING. Get healthy and I hope to hear from you soon (after I write to you)! :)

    ReplyDelete