Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend (Nov. 24-27, 2011)

Our first Christmas Tree that is taller than us!

We had a packed Thanksgiving Day. Breakfast was at Mr. Felchle's house (the 7th grade history teacher at our school) and dinner was at the Salzetti's house (a former student and her family). We had a great food-eating time at both place. Like people in Minnesota, people in Alaska feed you well! We have been spending time skiing over our long weekend. We both started skate skiing this winter. It's not easy, but it helps that we are both ice skaters and rollerbladers. The motion is the same. The biggest challenge for me is the weight of the ski in front, it forces me to lift my toe more than I ever have in ice skates and rollerblades. I am discovering some new muscles in my shins because of this. We've been out just a few times now and I'm already feeling more comfortable with it. I think Jon is too! Going up hills is probably the most challenging because you have to keep your momentum. Jon was a great cheerleader, encouraging me up a fairly long hill. A group of about 10 eagles were also there cheering me on and they were much louder than Jon.

The weather has been very bitter for November. We've had about 15 days in which we've been in the negatives. It's suppose to warm up a bit later in the week. We are looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment