Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween! (Oct. 29-31, 2010)


On Wednesday I felt my first earthquake. Jon had felt a couple before but this was the first that I had noticed. Sitting at my desk at school, talking to a parent, my desk and back wall began to shake and my windows began to rattle. It didn't last very long, just a couple of seconds, but I immediately knew what it was.
After parent-teacher conferences on Thursday and Friday we took a relaxing Saturday. We biked down to the beach and walked along the shoreline. We came across a good sized jellyfish that had washed up. On Sunday we hiked the Upper Kenai Trail to the Lower Kenai Trail. We did not see much for animals but we had a few flurries. The ground is now frozen solid. If we get a descent amount of snow soon, it will more than likely be sticking around for the winter. Halloween night was very blustery. We joined a friend at her house for supper and watching of the trick-or-treaters. While there a tree fell down on the corner of her house. It didn't appear to have done any damage but it definitely made some noise. Happy Halloween to everyone! And Happy All Saints Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment